Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A post for no other reason than posting.



I guess it's time to just list some of what has transpired in my so called life over the past year. I'm posting them for no other reason than to look back at them and ask myself, "Why the hell did I post that crap?"

First, My career is stuck to a glue board in the basement corner. It has pretty much stopped struggling and sits waiting for someone to bash it's brains in with something heavy. To say that I have made some strategic errors along the way would be akin to being nominated for the Golden Globe in the category of "duh!". 2008 is going to be a year of cutting my losses and hitting the reset button. On the other hand, being selected as a stem cell donor (coming up in less than 2 weeks) has been a much needed emotional boost and has done wonders for my self image. I haven't looked forward to being this uncomfortable in years. Someone close to me said that in the end, the gates to heaven would be wide open for me. Makes me wish I believed that those gates existed.

I lost a friend recently, actually I lost that friend a while ago but I'm just not very observant. Another reason to hit the reset button. Let me see...DABDA, yeah dabda. Denial, anger, bargaining, depression and finally, acceptance. I am somewhere along that timeline, much closer to acceptance I think. Yeah, Acceptance with a side of anger, hold the depression and I'll take that to go.

On the plus side, I did get to re-find a friend from 30+ years ago, another one of the high school hallway invisibles, a friend who always accepted me, warts and all. I am looking forward to talking about more than 3 decades of adventures and broken hearts.

My 2008 resolutions:


-Remember old friends fondly.
-Make smarter decisions.
-Consider myself first but don't fail to give something back.
-Never vote Republican... or Democrat. Nowadays independent is no bargain either.
-Wear a sweater around the house instead of cranking up the heat.
-Rub the dog's belly and let the parrot fall asleep on my shoulder at least once a week.
-Hit the gym more often than I...Oh who the fuck am I kidding!

No comments: